Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Volcano Crater

View from the restaurant
Las Brumas was the name

me me me




Trying to capture the whole thing...impossible

Sun going down

Annabella and Her Father
89 yrs old and made it up the mountain...


The crater in the crater

         I hate to say it again, but times are slow here! Everyone is just bracing themselves for the big coffee picking day, so not much is going on. I'm doing the usual miscellaneous work in the office and on the fields, also waiting for the "real fun" to begin. But over the weekend I went to see one El Salvador’s famous volcanic pieces of artwork, the crater. I'll have to find out the name of it considering there are like a million volcanoes here. Anyway, we went to a restaurant called Las Brumas, which looked over the city, great food and had a good time there. Then we drove to the crater viewing area, where we took a small, steep hike up to the deck. It was outrageous. I felt like an ant standing on the side of it, it was actually quiet frightening. And even more astonishing, there is a crater in the crater. The whole thing used to be a lake apparently which is hard to believe. Seeing a dried out lake and how giant and deep it is only scares me more. It dried up over time with the increase of heat. It’s supposedly known to erupt every 100 years, as history has proved, and we aren't talkin' a small eruption either. So for everyone's information and safety, there is six years until the supposed eruption, sooo I will be sure to stay as far away from that area of the world in 2016/2017. But then again, the whole world is supposed to end in 2012 so I guess we'll see!
        Well hopefully something more exciting will happen in the next few days or week so I can spice things up more. Aside from that, have a good week everyone! Miss ya!

2 comments:

  1. 2012 Bridgy? Really? :) You make me smile. I miss you and we will miss you for Halloween here at the house! Less than 1 month until I leave for Arizona!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i do NOT believe that...or maybe I'm just in denial but it was just a joke! OMG i miss you too, i can't belive its less than a month becuase that means i come home in a little over a month. weird...time flies. Well that just gives me one more reason that I have to visit the state of arizona!


    Have fun at the Halloween party, I hear its suppose to be alot of crazy kids.

    OH and i got your picture, veryyyy cute! I showed it to everyone...everyone who could speak english at least haha

    ReplyDelete